Best Deep Sea Fishing Charters in Honolulu Sport Fishing 2023
Don’t let the New Year come and go while your dreams are still unfulfilled, regretting the things you didn’t do. Instead, make the next year count and embark on a deep-sea fishing charter adventure in Honolulu!
Enjoy the beauty of Hawaii’s waters and experience the thrill of fishing with experienced crew and captains. You can customize your trip to your needs with a range of options to choose from, whether you’re a complete beginner or an expert angler.
Make unforgettable memories and have a life-changing experience – explore the depths of Honolulu’s deep-sea fishing. You can start planning your trip today!
10 Best Fishing Charters in Honolulu 2023
These are the top 10 best fishing boat tours in 2023:
- Oahu Pelagic Sportfishing
- Jigging Honolulu
- Ohana Yachts
- Five Star Sportfishing Hawaii
- SurReel Charters
- Play N Hooky Sportfishing
- Ohana Fun Fishing
- Maggie Joe Sportfishing
- Ocean Addict Hawaii LLC
- Hawaii Ocean Adventure Tours (FINNATTIC)
Let’s take a closer look at these charters.
Oahu Pelagic Sportfishing
Go explore the breathtaking Hawaiian ocean and experience the thrill of hunting for prized fish with Oahu Pelagic Sportfishing, private boat trip with all the necessary amenities and bring home a delicious catch.
- Private fishing trips on a 35’ Bruno & Stillman saltwater boat
- Target a variety of fish such as Giant and Silver Trevally, Bigeye Tuna, Mahi Mahi, and Wrasse
- Outriggers and a fighting chair onboard
- All rods, reels, tackle, live bait, and lures included
- Up to 40 lbs of catch can be cleaned and filleted
- Prices start from $395 for 2-hour trips for up to 2 people and +$75 per additional person.
Experience fishing like never before with Jigging Honolulu and embark on a one-of-a-kind adventure in the beautiful waters of Hawaii.
- Experienced guide: Capt. Akihiro has fished in Japan, Alaska, and Big Island
- Jigging trips targeting reef species like Amberjack, Onaga, and Bonito
- Comfortable boat: 26’ True World Marine with toilet and complimentary drinks
- Rent rods and reels for $30 per person and jigs for $10 apiece
- Prices start at $850 for a full-day trip
Experience an unforgettable fishing trip of a lifetime on board Ohana Yachts!
- 74’ Striker motor yacht with two 500 HP Detroit engines, equipped with comprehensive navigation technology
- Chance to catch prized fish such as Mahi Mahi, Blue Marlin, Wahoo, and Skipjack Tuna
- Onboard facilities include toilet, shower, kitchen, bed, and flybridge
- Rods, reels, tackle, lures, and drinks included in the trip, as well as cleaning and filleting of the catch
- Children are welcome aboard
- Prices start from $1675 for a 4-hour trip for up to 12 people
Five Star Sportfishing Hawaii
Experience a thrilling fishing adventure in Hawaii with Five Star Sportfishing Hawaii – get ready to battle the big game fish!
- Experienced captain with over 27 years of Marine Corps experience
- 38’ Bertram offshore sport fishing vessel with top-quality navigational and safety gear
- 10 minutes to get to the hotspots where you can battle Mahi Mahi, Marlin, Tuna, and other hard-fighters
- Up to 6 guests can troll 6 lines in the water at once
- Keep up to 50 pounds of fish at the end of the trip
- Prices start at $270 per person on shared charters, or $1095 for a half-day trip for up to 6 people.
Experience a Hawaiian fishing adventure like no other with SurReel Charters!
- Experience the local Honolulu fishery with expert captains
- Use a variety of techniques such as bottom fishing, trolling, and jigging
- All necessary fishing gear and licenses included
- Bring the family aboard and optional snorkeling activities
- Enjoy the ride on a 47’ Freeman Boatworks offshore sportfishing vessel
- Prices start from $2620 for a half day, or $3150 for a full day for up to 6 persons.
Play N Hooky Sportfishing
Experience a deep sea fishing adventure like no other with Play N Hooky Sportfishing and their experienced Captains in the waters of Hawaii!
- Experienced Captains with decades of fishing experience in Hawaii
- 41-foot Hatteras boat with air-conditioned salon, kitchen, and toilet
- All fishing gear, tackle, and bait included
- Can catch Mahi Mahi, Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin, Spearfish, Wahoo, and Tunas
- Fight big fish in a fighting chair with the first mate’s assistance
- Prices start at $1439 to $1771 for half-day or full-day trips for 6 people.
Ohana Fun Fishing
Experience an unforgettable fishing adventure in Hawaii with Ohana Fun Fishing!
- 60′ Delta flybridge can accommodate up to 42 passengers
- Target prized fish such as Onaga, Ehu, Giant Trevally, Triggerfish, Yellowtail Snapper, and Needlefish
- A friendly crew and first mate to provide assistance
- All fishing equipment and licenses included
- Clean and bag your catch at no extra charge
- Bring the kids along for a memorable fishing trip!
- Prices start at $87 per person for a 3-hour shared fishing charters, or a 4-hour private charter for $1675 for up to 12 people.
Maggie Joe Sportfishing – Seahawk
Come aboard with Maggie Joe Sportfishing – Seahawk and catch fish from the pristine Hawaiian waters!
- Target Tuna, Marlin, Shortbill Spearfish, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, and more
- 41’ Offshore Sport Fishing boat with outriggers, fighting chair, AC, and toilet
- Rods, reels, tackle, and lures provided – Catch cleaning available
- Shared & private trips available – Kids welcome
- First Mate included – gratuity expected
- They offer shared 6-8 hour trips for $290-310 per person, or private half-day or full-day charters for $1120 to $1490 for 6 people.
Ocean Addict Hawaii LLC
Come join the experienced crew of Ocean Addicts Hawaii for a lifetime memory of fishing on the beautiful north shore of Oahu!
- Experienced 20+ year charter boat captain on the north shore
- Refurbished 36’ Hatteras boat with the latest navigational electronics and gear
- Target Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin, Sailfish, Giant Trevally and more
- Private bathroom, air-conditioned cabin, and flybridge
- Additional activities such as snorkeling, whale watching, sightseeing, dinner cruise and more
- Prices start from $1300 for half-day trips, or $1600 for custom full-day trips for up to 6 people.
Hawaii Ocean Adventure Tours (FINNATTIC)
Embark on an unforgettable adventure with Hawaii Ocean Adventure Tours and enjoy a personalized fishing charter with an experienced captain and all the amenities you need!
- Experienced, personable fishing captain with a reputation for finding and catching fish
- 25’ Wellcraft center console with up-to-date amenities, safety gear, and wheelchair accessibility
- Low prices, so no matter the size of the group, everyone gets the entire boat for the same price
- Try your hand at trolling, spinning, jigging, and popping to reel in prestigious game pelagics such as Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Marlin, and Tuna
- Fishing licenses and catch cleaning included, as well as snorkeling gear
- Prices start from $850 for a half-day trip for up to 6 people, or $1500 for a full-day trip.
Honolulu is a premier fishing destination known as “The Big Pineapple” for its beautiful beaches, azure blue waters, and great weather year-round.
The island provides the perfect conditions for fishing, and some of the world’s largest fish are here.
Choose the type of fishing you prefer:
- The reefs offer bottom fishing for Triggerfish, Grouper, and Snapper; join a deep sea fishing charter to hunt Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Tuna, and Spearfish.
- Explore the flats for Bonefish, Barracuda, Jacks, and Ladyfish
- Or enjoy inshore fishing for Trevally.
Kewalo Basin Harbor, Ala Wai Harbor, and Waikiki Beach are the perfect places to start your fishing adventure and discover the best boat tours and the top fishing charters in Honolulu for 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hawaii Charter Fishing
How much do Honolulu fishing charters cost?
The prices are $200-300 per person for a half-day or full-day shared charter or $1000-1500 for a private charter.
Which fishing tours in Honolulu are the best for families?
We recommend private charters for families of four to six people. If you have smaller kids, shorter trips of 2-4 hours are ideal, as fishing requires patience. Ask the captains and crew to mix it with other activities to keep the children entertained or vary the fishing spots for a unique experience.
Which are the best private fishing charters in Honolulu?
The top three are Oahu Pelagic Sportfishing, Ohana Yachts, and Sea Verse 3.
Which fish are common in Honolulu?
Fish commonly found around Honolulu include Ahi, Aku, Pacific Blue Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Trevally, Tuna, Wahoo, Barracuda, Shark, and Sailfish, to name a few.
Which Honolulu Fishing charters are the best for avoiding crowds?
Private deep-sea fishing charters are your best bet to avoid crowds and enjoy peace and solitude.
With experienced captains, you can venture further into the ocean to find more secluded fishing spots.
Do I need to bring any fishing equipment to Honolulu fishing charters, or is it included?
You can leave all your equipment at home, as the fishing charters will include everything you need for fishing.
You should bring food or snacks, water or beverages, and sunscreen.
What time of the year is best for fishing in Honolulu?
The best time of year depends on what type of fish you want to catch. January and February are great for Striped Marlin, April and May for Mahi Mahi, June through August for Blue Marlin, various Tuna species, and Wahoo, and September through December for a variety of fish. Whatever your preference, Honolulu is abundant with fish the whole year.
How many people can join a Honolulu Fishing Charter?
Most boats with less than 100 gross tons can take up to six passengers, and a regular trip has four to six. The US Coast Guard regulates the maximum number of passengers based on the size and weight of the vessel and its safety equipment. These laws ensure the safety of all fishing tourists.
Do I need a fishing license in Honolulu?
No. Tourists don’t need a license to fish in the ocean off the shore of Honolulu. However, your captain should be aware of the few rules and regulations. Fishing in freshwater may require a license.
What other activities, tours, and trips are available in Honolulu?
There are many types of activities and tours in Honolulu. From snorkeling and sailing to shark diving and whale watching. Take in the island’s beauty with a sightseeing tour, explore the wildlife with a hiking or wildlife tour, and learn about the culture and history with a plantation or cultural and historical tour. Plus, remember to check out the festivals.
What are other people saying about Honolulu’s Fishing Charters and Boat Trips?
Try Hawaii Sportfishing: Book Full Day Honolulu Fishing Charters Today!
Try Hawaii Sportfishing and book one of their full day Honolulu fishing charters today! Whether you’re looking for a half day reef fish adventure, a bottom fishing adventure, an offshore Maui trip, a full day ruckus charter, a top Honolulu fishing experience, or a Sea Hawk adventure in Hawaii, you won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to catch any fish and have a great day out on the water.
You’ll be able to target prized fish like Yellowfin Tuna, Skipjack, Dolphin, and Shortbill, and you’ll be able to take advantage of fishing deals, Ono, and Sport Fisher recommendations. You can also try Oahu boat tours, rent a full-day Kauai fishing boat, explore fishing opportunities in Maui, or try the top fishing charters in Hawaii state.
Plus, you’ll be in good hands with the friendly and knowledgeable crew and first mate who will try everything they can to ensure you have the best day on the water and the most prized catch. With air-conditioned boats and accommodating departure times, you’ll be able to experience different species of fish and have the chance to catch some big fish! Don’t forget to book your full day Honolulu fishing charter with Hawaii Sportfishing today!