Kauai Fishing Charters: The Best Hidden Gems and Adventures in Hawaii
An unforgettable fishing adventure awaits you. Experience the best of Kauai fishing with these top-rated charters led by expert captains, and discover the island’s hidden-gem fishing spots.
Kauai is known for its crystal clear waters and abundance of aquatic life, making it the perfect destination for fishing enthusiasts.
Kauai fishing charters will help you make the most of your time on the water.
These private charters can be tailored to your needs: Choose a half-day or full-day trip with an experienced guide. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a novice or an experienced angler.
Top Kauai Fishing Charters 2023
Here are the best fishing charters in Kauai:
Prices vary, but on average, it’s roughly $580 for a four-hour trip, and around $1100 for an 8-hour journey.
Blue Water Fishing LLC
Fishing adventure with a knowledgeable crew and top-notch equipment for the ultimate big game fishing experience.
- 26’ Glacier Bay boat with twin 150 HP Suzuki engines, navigational, and safety electronics, plus a real toilet.
- Knowledgeable Captain Harry, with over 20 years of experience in these waters.
- Target big game fish such as Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Marlin, Barracuda, and Tuna.
- Professional crew, who will share the catch and clean it for you at the end of the trip.
Apex Kauai Luxury Sport Fishing Charters
One of the top sport fishing charters in Hawaii
- 47’ Buddy Davis boat that can safely take up to 6 anglers
- Captain Mark specializes in heavy tackle, trolling, big game fishing, and jigging
- Fishing gear and license are included in the price of trip
- Complimentary drinks and assistance with fish and kids provided
Uniquely comfortable experience with a multimedia system, toilet, shower, and cooler for fish and drinks
- 42’ Uniflite motor yacht with twin 310 HP Detroit engine and air conditioning
- Professional crew with years of experience fishing in Hawaiian waters
- Target the main pelagic fish – Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin, and Amberjack
- Kids older than 4 are welcome on board
Hooked On Kauai
Tours are customized to meet skill level, desired catch, and group size.
- Private, island-wide, saltwater and freshwater fishing tours for families, individuals, and small groups
- Family-friendly and can accommodate children as young as 5 years old
- Utilizes best practices (catch and release only) and integrates local, place-based species knowledge
- Gear, tackle, bait, chairs & cooler and light refreshments provided
Types of charters and tours to enjoy in Hawaii:
- deep sea sport fishing charters in Oahu
- whale watching boat tours
- kayaking trips
- helicopter rides
- hiking on trails
- trips to inshore fishing grounds
- fishing tours in Honolulu
- deep sea fishing on Big Island
- go on a fishing trip in Maui
Top Fishing Techniques in Kauai
The fishing technique you will use depend on the type of fish you want to catch, and it can also depend on the location and season.
Some standard fishing techniques used in Kauai include trolling, casting, and bottom fishing.
Trolling involves pulling a lure or bait behind a moving boat, while casting consists of using a rod and reel to cast a bait or lure into the water.
Bottom fishing involves using a heavy weight to anchor the bait near the bottom of the water, where many fish species live.
Other techniques include jigging, spinning, and fly fishing.
Shared or private fishing charter?
Both offer incredible experiences, but they may be best suited to different types of people.
Private charters are ideal for those who want more flexibility and privacy, as the boat will be exclusively for them and their party. You can customize the experience according to your needs and preferences. However, these charters tend to be more expensive.
A shared fishing charter is usually more affordable, as it puts several customers on the same boat, a great option if you’re looking to meet other like-minded people or on a tighter budget. On the flip side, this type of charter may provide a different level of privacy or personalization than a private one.
Kauai Fishing Calendar
The captain and crew use the Hawaii fishing season calendar to track fish availability in the area. Popular catches include tuna, marlin, mahi-mahi (dolphin fish), ono and ulua, but their availability depends on the season. No matter what time of year, species are always available to catch.
I prefer April since the weather is decent and a large variety of big game fish is available.
Other Popular Kauai Activities
Kauai, Hawaii, is a trendy destination for travelers looking to experience the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands. There are many activities to take part in that make it a great place to visit (read more on kuuloakai.com).
Many people come to Kauai to go hiking alone on the many trails or explore the lush forests. You can go on a kayaking or snorkeling tour, exploring the stunning coastline.
Some prefer to watch the beautiful islands from the air and decide on a helicopter ride to get a view of the dramatic landscape. Especially Waimea Canyon is a spectacular sight.
Other popular activities include:
- Horseback riding.
- Go golfing on one of the beautiful courses.
- You can participate in traditional luau feasts.
- Swimming in the sea
- Surfing on the waves
- Try sailing in the breeze.
Kauai is the most captivating of Hawaii’s islands. It is known for its beautiful forests, sandy beaches, mountains, tropical climate, and diverse wildlife.
However, what truly sets Kauai apart is its incredible fishing opportunities. Kauai fishing charters offer anglers the chance to experience the best of both freshwater and saltwater fishing.
Whether you’re a seasoned fisherman or starting, Kauai has something to offer every angler. And with fishing opportunities available year-round, you can experience the thrill of catching your trophy fish anytime.
Read reviews of fishing charters in Kauai.
Here are a few reviews from visitors to the island:
“If you love fishing and want to experience deep sea fishing in Kauai, look no further. We had a great time and caught a fish with Captain Mark.”Victor H.
“We saw a variety of fish such as tuna, mahi-mahi, wahoo, ahi tuna, trevally, yellowfin and skipjack, whales and dolphins.”Rachel S.
“The captains are experienced and worked hard to put us in the best spots for catching fish. This fishing trip was the adventure of a lifetime.”Margaret A.
“We spent time deep sea fishing with one of the fishing charters in Kauai, and we had an amazing time on the water with captain Jim.”Maritza T.
“The captain was friendly and knowledgeable and went out of his way to ensure we had a great day fishing in Lihue, Princeville, and Eleele. Highly recommend this charter.”Noreen W.
“Captain J filleted our catch so we could take it home. We recommend this charter as they provided quality service and an enjoyable experience. If you’re looking for a boat in Lihue or Hawaiian waters, I highly recommend it.”Todd M.